Monday, July 07, 2008

Engaged!

This past weekend, on July 5th, 2008 I got engaged! It was the six year anniversary of our first "night out." We both designed the ring over several months, but I hadn't ever seen it all put together. It turned out perfectly!!

Many people commented that it took the romance out of the process by having me participate in the design process and know what the ring was going to look like. I still believe that the process of designing it, over several months, added meaning to the process instead of taking it away. The engagement ring is something you will hopefully wear the rest of your life, and these days it makes sense to give a woman the ability to have some say in that process.

The proposal was a complete surprise and I really enjoyed the traditional moment when it finally happened.

No comments: